No, it’s not the times I’ve been out to the gym trying to get some super abs! And it’s not the times I’ve seen the film either. I’m only celebrating that I’ve just published blog entry number 300! (after this one it will be 301). It’s been two years and some months since I set up this blog and to be absolutely honest, I never thought it would be so challenging, time-consuming, etc, etc. I can’t say it’s been a successful blog in the sense that I haven’t heard many opinions about it (except for my good-hearted friends and close family, that are obviously going to say that they love it, ha, ha, ha!!!) But I suppose I’ll have to go by the amount of visits (up to the date, over 60,000), which isn’t too bad, considering the enourmous amount of great English blogs that populate the blogosphere :-).
Anyway, this is just to thank people for sticking around and every now and then doing an activity or two and leaving a little feedback which always makes the effort worthwhile, doesn’t it?
If somebody asks you something like the samples below…
- What will you have achieved by the time you reach forty?
- How many books will you have read by Christmas?
- How many English class assignments will I have given you by the end of the term ? 😦
…they are using the future perfect and we’d usually answer this in the following way
- By the time I reach forty I will have set up my own company.
- By Christmas I will have read three books.
- By the end of the term my teacher will have given us tons of English assignments because she is very picky.
- That is: time expression + subject + will + have + past participle
Here’s a fun way to do some language drills.
HOW TO PLAY
- Pick a partner or ask somebody randomly.
- Turn the wheel. Say for example you get How many showers (have).
- Turn the second wheel for time expressions. Say for example you get ‘in one year’
- Make a question with these expressions. Example: How many showers will you have had in a year ?
- Your partner should answer your question.
- Example: In a year I will have had about ….. showers. (if the partners says he/she has a very low number of showers, choose another person quickly).
In the first wheel you will find expressions related to actions.
Click for action wheel
In this wheel you will find expressions related to time.
Click for time expression wheel
This message is to say that I have just discovered that many of the activities on the blog are not working properly. This is probably due to that Polldaddy (one of the applications I use for creating activities), has changed to Crowdsignal and for some reason this has a negative effect on many of the activities I created. I hope it gets sorted out soon as it would be a disgrace if the hundreds and hundreds of hours of work I’ve put into the blog should go straight to the dustbin due to this.
I’ve sent an urgent message to WordPress and hope the blog gets back to normality.