We’ve just finished the unit on consumerism, and then ooops! I start panicking. Does my group know all the words they need to know? Just in case, here’s one of those crosswords they seem to truely hate, along with some coins that insisted on saying hello (just to cheer them up a bit).
Many of the words that are in this crossword are on the wordcloud, although not all the words on the wordcloud are in the crossword. So, first check on the meaning of the words that I have included in the cloud and after, give the crossword a try.
1. a public event at which things are sold to the person who offers the most money for them
2. formal permission given by a company to somebody who wants to sell its goods or services
3. a method of buying an article by making regular payments
4. to sell or buy things illegally
5. to offer more money for st than sb else
6. a business agreement
7. connected with trade and the wealth of a country
8. to argue about the price in order to get it cheaper
9. providing good value in relation to the money spent
10. the exchange of goods without using money
11. the amount of money paid back to you if you paid more that the value
12. sell things illegally
13. payment the amount of money that is given before a larger quantity is paid
14. a strong metal box to keep valuables in
15. synonym for bill
16. a person that spends too much time and money in shops
17. the money that an organisation has lent
18. the activity of buying and selling or of exchanging goods or services between people or countries
19. the business of selling goods in large quantities to other businesses
20. the money that you get back when you've paid for something
21. a printed form that you sign as a form of payment
22. to be sold in a shop
23. to have something available for people to buy
24. to leave a valuable object with somebody in exchange for money. The object is returned when the money is given back.
25. the system of money that a country uses
26. relating to buying in large quantities
27. to offer a price for something that other people want to buy
28. free products that you can bring to a country without paying tax
2 thoughts on “C1-C2 Selling and buying vocabulary crossword”
Great job !!! Have a great weekend!
PS. We wouldn’t usually learn these words in an English philology degree 🙂
I only knew a half of the words. 🙂 Thanks a lot. Have a nice weekend!