Which option should we use? Here are a couple of tips. After, click on the activity button for some practice.
Go + place
- for when we go to a specific place to do it. For example: We go to the gym.
Go + -ing (activity noun)
- Go + activity usually before words that end in -ing and especially if we have to go somewhere to do this activity. Here’s an example:
‘Where do you usually go on Saturdays?’ On Saturdays I go dancing (here the person goes somewhere to do this).
Do + noun
- Recreational activities that are not in teams and not played on a board. For example: Do aerobics or or do sport (we can also say play sport).
Play + noun
- Play + noun not ending in -ing. When it refers to a team game (football, basketball, etc), or a board game (chess, ludo, etc).
Play + the name of instrument
- Play + the+ name of an instrument.
I play the piano. What instrument do you play?
Click for activity
Hello! Here’s an activity for beginners with some vocabulary for free time activities.
How to use? Click on the link. Look at the picture and try to guess the word. After flip the card to see if you guessed the correct word.
Here’s a simple vocabulary activity to learn some of the names of parts of the human body.
In the first activity you have to click on each yellow button and select the correct word. Once you feel a bit more confident, you can try to write the names in the next activity.
Click here for the first activity
Click for the writing activity
How many face/head words do you know? Here’s a picture of a face for you to write the words you can remember.
Click for activity
Here’s a quiz for beginners to learn how to speak about wild animals, their habits and some of their peculiarities.
Click for wild animal quiz
Hello! This is a vocabulary quiz for beginners. Topic: Popular pets.
Click for vocabulary quiz